Another 21 breweries in the state are offering free beer to anyone over the age of 21 who gets their first COVID-19 vaccine in May, according to Gov. Phil Murphy, bringing the total list of participants to 34 breweries.
“Many more craft breweries up and down the state have asked to be part of our ‘Shot and a Beer’ program,” the governor said during his daily COVID-19 press briefing on May 5.
There were an initial 13 participants announced on Monday, in what became a national headline: Get a vaccine and win a free beer.
It’s part of an aggressive marketing effort under “Operation Jersey Summer” to fully vaccinate 4.7 million New Jersey adults by June 30. As of May 5, the state fully vaccinated 3.2 million adults who live, work or study in the state.
“Let’s keep our eye on the finish line. This is a marathon, and we have now passed … the 20-mile mark. But it’s always that last 6.2 … that is the biggest test, and the hardest,” Murphy said.
The campaign launched on May 3 to reach the arms of remaining adults who have been hesitant to get the vaccine. It includes more walk-in appointments, a 30-second video contest, automated goals and email messages, and field campaigns.
Some of the state’s most densely populated, urban neighborhoods have lagged in vaccination efforts.
Metrics have all moved down, such as daily cases, the rate of transmission, and total hospitalizations. On May 5, the state logged 1,309 new COVID-19 cases, making it the eighth day in a row with less than 2,000 new cases. There were 34 fatalities and 1,3182 hospitalizations reported on May 5, and a transmission rate of 0.34.
Murphy rolled out some of the most aggressive reopening measures on Monday in response to those metrics, allowing barside seating and buffets again, and lifting capacity restrictions for most indoor and outdoor businesses and gatherings. The updates go into effect May 7 through May 19, the governor said.
Here’s a full list of the breweries participating in the “Shot and Beer” program:
- 13th Child Brewery in Williamstown
- Alementary Brewing in Hackensack
- Angry Erik Brewing in Newton
- Battle River Brewing in Toms River
- Bradley Brew Project in Bradley Beach
- Bolero Snort Brewing Co. in Carlstadt
- Brix City Brewing Co. in Little Ferry
- Carton Brewing Co. in Atlantic Highlands
- Chimney Rustic Ales in Hammonton
- Czig Meister Brewing in Hackettstown
- Death of the Fox Brewing Co. in Clarksboro
- Departed Soles Brewing Co. in Jersey City
- Double Nickel Brewing Co. in Pennsauken
- Dr. Brewlittle’s Beer Co. in Maple Shade
- Eclipse Brewing in Merchantsville
- Eight & Sand Beer Co. in Woodbury
- Flounder Brewing Co. in Hillsborough
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. in Somerdale
- Forgotten Boardwalk Brewing Co. in Cherry Hill
- Four City Brewing Co. in Orange
- Gaslight Brewery and Restaurant in South Orange
- Hackensack Brewing Co. in Hackensack
- Kane Brewing Co. in Ocean Township
- Little Dog Brewing Co. in Neptune
- Magnify Brewing Co. in Fairfield, Essex County
- Man Skirt Brewing in Hackettstown
- Montclair Brewery in Montclair
- Neck of the Woods Brewing Co. in Pitman
- New Jersey Beer Co. in North Bergen
- River Horse Brewing Co. in Ewing
- Tuckahoe Brewing Co. in Egg Harbor Township
- Untied Brewing Co. in New Providence
- Westville Brewery in Westville
- Zed’s Beer in Marlton