Camden-based New Jersey American Water said Wednesday it will invest a total of $7.75 million in two communities.
The company will invest $4.25 million in Lakewood to replace about 3,000 feet of aging 8-inch sewer main and 13,100 feet of aging water main beginning next week. The project includes replacing 205 utility-owned service lines and four fire hydrants, as well as adding three more, along the pipeline route.
The company said it will upgrade the aging water and sewer lines, installed as far back as the 1930s, with new 8-inch PVC sewer main and ductile iron water main along the following streets:
- South Lake Drive from Central Ave to Freeman Road and Davis Road to Sunset Road – water only
- Central Avenue only at the intersections of Freeman Road, Kimbal Road, Sunset Road, Bradshaw Road – water only,
- Caranetta Drive – water and sewer
- Caranetta Drive entire length – water and sewer
- Freeman Road from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive – water and sewer
- Bradshaw Road from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive – water and sewer
- Harrison Place from Central Avenue to Caranetta Drive – water only
- 12th Street from Forest Avenue to Route Nine – water only
- 13th Street from Forest Avenue to Route Nine and Monmouth Avenue to Squankum Road – water only
- 15th Street from Forest Avenue to Route Nine – water only
- Chicanos Drive entire length – water only
- Steven Lane entire length – water only
- Ashley Avenue entire length – water only
Perna Finnigan Inc. and CRJ Contracting Inc. will begin work on or about March 23 and expect to finish by the end of July.
Work at Central Avenue and Caranetta Drive will be completed on Friday night into Saturday during the day. Work along other portions of Central Avenue will take place on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. All other work will be from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Final street restorations will be completed by the end of December.
New Jersey American Water said it will also invest $3.5 million to replace about 8,220 feet of aging 8-inch water main in Bernards beginning next week.
The project includes replacing six fire hydrants and 53 utility-owned service lines along the pipeline route. The company will upgrade the aging water lines, installed as far back as the 1940s, with new 12-inch and 16-inch ductile iron main along Lyons Road, from Goltra Drive to Lyons Place and Mt. Airy Road, from Meeker Road to Stacey Lane.
Vollers Excavating will begin work on or about March 23 along Lyons Road and will take approximately ten weeks to complete. Vollers will begin work along Mt. Airy Road on or about March 30 and will take approximately three weeks to complete, weather permitting.