Cigna said on Oct. 11 that it will extend its Medicare Advantage plans to New Jersey.
The new HMO plans offer such benefits as zero-dollar monthly premiums and no requirements for referrals. Cigna’s MA plans will first be available during Medicare’s Annual Election Period, which begins Oct. 15 and ends Dec. 7. These plans will be effective Jan. 1, 2020.
In addition, Cigna is offering its first Medicare Advantage PPO plans in the Philadelphia market while continuing to offer a full suite of HMO plans there that include traditional plans as well as plans tailored to people with diabetes or people who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid.
New Jersey residents eligible for Medicare in Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Atlantic and Mercer counties can choose Cigna’s HMO Preferred and Preferred Plus plans.
Cigna’s Medicare Advantage plans in the Philadelphia area, including those in New Jersey, have received four out of five Stars from Medicare based on quality and customer satisfaction for 2020.
“At Cigna, we are dedicated to providing our customers with a choice of Medicare Advantage health plans for every budget,” said Tom Kowalczyk, market president, Maryland and Pennsylvania area, Medicare Advantage.
Cigna’s New Jersey HMO plans also offer the following benefits:
- $0 primary care physician copay
- $0 drug and medical deductible
- $0 copay for many prescription drugs
- Coverage for preventive and comprehensive dental services
- Vision and hearing services
- Fitness program
- Allowance for over-the-counter items
- Transportation for health-related visits
- Coverage of an in-home safety assessment and bathroom safety devices
- 24-hour health information line
- Meal delivery following hospital discharge
- An adult day care allowance of $600 annually toward the cost of visits to state-licensed facilities
Cigna’s physician engagement model focuses on working with health care professionals to tailor incentives and solutions specific to individual needs.