Healthcare Heroes 2020
2020 NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes Nominations
The NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes Awards program honors individuals and organizations that are making a significant impact on the quality of healthcare in New Jersey.
An independent panel of judges will evaluate the nominations and select finalists in each of the categories. The winner in each category will be announced live during the awards breakfast and ceremony on October 7th, 2020.
NJBIZ is committed to bringing business professionals together to recognize leaders and build business relationships, but we are also committed to achieving this in a safe environment. We will continue to follow CDC regulations for all in-person events.
Categories of Recognition
Healthcare Professional of the Year
Honors an individual in healthcare whose job performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
Honors any individual or organization in health education, that are making a difference in their community and in healthcare.
Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a medical science discovery or for development of a new procedure, service, program or treatment that can save lives or improve the quality of life for a large number of people.
Nurse of the Year
Honors an individual from nursing whose job performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
Physician of the Year
Honors a physician whose job performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
Public Health Hero
Honors an individual (non-physicians and physicians) who have made or are making an extraordinary impact on the public health of their community.
Volunteer of the Year
Honors an individual who contributes time or expertise to patients or healthcare issues and whose volunteer efforts have made a significant positive impact on the community.
Workplace Wellness Hero
Honors a business for a company-wide wellness program, healthy work environment, ergonomics program, or other health-related activities benefiting employees.
Medical Technology Pioneer
Honors a company that has developed a breakthrough medical device that has had a significant impact on the health care industry.
Long Term Care Facility of the Year
Honors a long-term care provider that offers rehabilitative, restorative, and/or ongoing skilled nursing care to patients or residents in need of assistance with activities of daily living.
To Refer: If you know an outstanding candidate but do not have the information to nominate, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, company name, phone number, and email address.
Please Note: At request, referrals will be kept confidential.
- Nominee must work in New Jersey and organization nominees must have offices in New Jersey (maybe for profit or not for profit).
- Nominations may be self-nominated or nominated by another person.
- Nominee may only be nominated in one of the eight categories; however, the judges reserve the right to move an entry to a different category at their discretion.
- Nominee cannot be a member of the judges’ panel or member of the judges’ immediate family.
- Individuals/Companies cannot be nominated in a category that they have already won in the past three years. However, they may be submitted in a different category. Past finalist entries will be accepted.
Only ONE nomination per nominee will be accepted. Please do not submit multiple nominations.
Submitting multiple nominations does not enhance your chances of winning.
- For a nomination to be considered complete, all materials described below must be submitted together and received by NJBIZ no later than August 2nd, 2020 at 5 PM
- Nominations must be submitted online to be considered.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ken Kiczales at 732-246-5729 or email@example.com