This May there’s more than one type of shot you can get in New Jersey. Anyone who gets their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine this month can get a free beer at one of a dozen breweries across the state.
Under the “Shot and a Beer” program, done in coordination with the Brewers Guild of New Jersey, those over 21 years-old can take their COVID-19 vaccination proof to any of the participating breweries to get a free beer.
The marketing campaign is one of nearly a dozen the state is trying out to convince as many New Jerseyans as possible to get the COVID-19 vaccine, a vital step in permanently rolling back pandemic restrictions.
“[T]his is a public awareness and information campaign that has been educated through listening to New Jerseyans and working alongside our community leaders,” Gov. Phil Murphy said during a daily COVID-19 press conference on May 3.
New Jersey health officials aim to fully vaccinate 4.7 million adults by June 30, and have reached 3.1 million fully vaccinated adults thus far.
An aggressive public relations campaign kicked off May 3, aimed at reaching the arms of those remaining adults who have been hesitant to get the vaccine. That includes more walk-in appointments, a 30-second video contest, automated goals and email messages, and field campaigns.
Murphy rolled out some of the most aggressive reopening measures Monday, allowing barside seating and buffets again, and lifting capacity restrictions for most indoor and outdoor businesses and gatherings.
The updates go into effect May 7 through May 19, the governor announced on Monday.
Here’s a full list of the breweries participating in the “shot and Beer” program:
- Battle River Brewing in Toms River
- Bradley Beer Project in Bradley Beach
- Bolero Snort Brewing Co. in Carlstadt
- Brix City Brewing Co. in Little Ferry
- Carton Brewing Co. in Atlantic Highlands
- Flounder Brewing Co. in Hillsborough
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. in Somerdale
- Gaslight Brewery and Restaurant in South Orange
- Hackensack Brewing Co.
- Kane Brewing Co. in Ocean Township
- Little Dog Brewing Co. in Neptune
- Magnify Brewing Co. in Fairfield, Essex County
- River Horse Brewing Co. in Ewing