Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City said it’s ramping up its offerings of dining, nightlife and entertainment ahead of a summer season expected to be buoyed by pent up pandemic-demand.
The April 23 announcement comes days after Caesars Entertainment, the parent company for Harrah’s, said it’s spending $170 million to upgrade rooms at Harrah’s and Caesars this summer. Those upgrades are part of a three-year $400 million investment in Caesars, Tropicana and Harrah’s.
And it comes as businesses and employers up and down the 141-mile Jersey Shore gear up for a summer in which pent up demand from the pandemic could likely drive record numbers of tourists to the region.
There are five dining, entertainment and nightlife additions coming to Harrah’s, all opening in May.
The first is the “The Spa at Harrah’s Resort,” situated between the pool, fitness center and Waterfront Conference Center.
There will be the expansion of the existing lobby bar, and the addition of The Baywalk at Harrah’s, which will feature an outdoor bar and dining “inspired by the success of outdoor, bayside dining at the resort last summer,” reads the announcement from Harrah’s.
That’ll feature the Rum Point Crab House, which offers crab and other seafood. And there will be new dining and entertainment at Harrah’s pool.
“[T]hese five new concepts will further position our resort as the ultimate summer destination with something for everyone under one roof,” said Harrah’s General Manager Gregg Klein.
Jeffrey Vasser, who heads the New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism, estimated that Atlantic City made up as much as 20% of tourism and visitation to New Jersey.
Casinos had to remain closed for three months during the first wave of COVID-19 last year, and could only open at 25% capacity for the July Fourth weekend. They’ve been hounded by reduced capacity at both the casinos, as well as restrictions on indoor dining, gyms and entertainment venues.
“We remain bullish on Atlantic City, and this commitment will further position us for long-term growth and success,” reads the April 21 statement from Caesars Chief Operating Officer Anthony Carano.