Temperatures are expected to reach over 100 degrees in New Jersey this weekend in a heatwave that continues to affect much of the U.S.
Lyft is offering two free rides, each up to $15, to cooling centers throughout the state until July 21 at 11:59 p.m.
The 12 cooling centers New Jerseyans can access by Lyft are:
- Atlantic County Library: Egg Harbor Township Branch, 1 Swift Ave., Egg Harbor Township
- County Administration Building: 1 Bergen County Plaza, Hackensack
- Morgan Village Community Center: Morgan Boulevard and Hunter Street, Camden
- Vineland Public Library: 1058 E. Landis Ave., Vineland
- The H.E.L.P. Center: 224 Sussex Ave., Newark
- St. Lucy’s Shelter: 619 Grove St., Jersey City
- Jennye W. Stubblefield Senior Center: 301 Prospect St., Trenton
- Howell Branch: 318 Old Tavern Road, Howell
- New Brunswick Senior Citizen Resource Center: 81 Huntington St., Southampton Township
- Paterson Free Public Library: 250 Broadway, Paterson
- Peapack-Gladstone Municipal Building: 1 School St., Peapack
- Peterstown Community Center: 418 Palmer St., Elizabeth
Heatwaves can be potentially dangerous, especially for those who lack access to air conditioned rooms.
The rides are offered as part of Lyft’s Wheels For All program, which mobilizes to make transportation as easy as possible for those in need in times of natural disaster.