The Center for Real Estate at Rutgers Business School has unveiled its 2016 advisory board, a roster of industry leaders and top professionals who serve the sector in the Garden State.As with its first advisory board, the group of more than 70 includes a cross-section of disciplines and is meant to help students and set the academic course for the real estate program.
The center’s advisory board executive committee includes:
- Carl Goldberg (co-chair), CEO, Canoe Brook Management LLC
- James E. Hanson (co-chair), CEO and president, The Hampshire Cos.
- Lynn DeCastro, executive director, Prudential Real Estate Investors
- George Jacobs, CEO, Jacobs Enterprises
- Ronald Ladell, senior vice president, AvalonBay Communities Inc.
- Gualberto Medina, executive vice president, CBRE
- Christopher Paladino, president, New Brunswick Development Corp.
- Paul Profeta, CEO, Paul V. Profeta and Associates Inc.
- Ted Zangari, member, Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
The other advisory board members are as follows:
- Arcelio Aponte, vice chancellor, Rutgers Newark
- David Bernhaut, vice chairman (capital markets), Cushman & Wakefield
- Marc Berson, chairman, Fidelco Group
- Scott Blow, executive vice president and business development officer, Newark Community Economic Development Corp.
- Kimberly Brennan, chief operating officer, Colliers International NY LLC
- Gary Buechler, president, Michaels Development Co.
- Monica Casiello, director of marketing, US Title Solutions
- Stephen Cassidy, president, Denholtz Associates
- Raymond T. Cirz, senior managing director, Integra Realty Resources
- William J. Colgan, managing partner, Community Healthcare Associates LLC
- Peter Crovo, senior vice president/market officer, Prologis
- Rafael Cuellar, CEO and president, ShopRite of Passaic
- Stanley Danzig, executive vice president (brokerage services), Cushman & Wakefield
- Richard W. Davidson, CEO and president, Century 21 Real Estate LLC
- Salvatore A. Davino, founder, Fidelity Land Development Corp.
- Robert Donnelly Sr., executive vice chairman, Cushman & Wakefield
- Martin F. Dowd, partner, McCarter & English LLP
- Mitchell Frumkin, president, Kipcon Engineering
- Jeffrey Garibaldi, president, The Garibaldi Group
- Rick Gelmetti, executive vice president, Lee & Associates
- Francis J. Giantomasi, member, Chiesa, Shahinian and Giantomasi
- Meryl A.G. Gonchar, partner/co-chair of redevelopment and land use, Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis LLP
- Andy Gottesman, CEO, Edison Investment Advisors LLC
- Frank Greek, president, F. Greek Development
- William C. Hanson, president, NAI James E. Hanson Inc.
- Kevin Higgins, real estate portfolio manager, New Jersey Department of the Treasury
- Tony Ianuale, chief operating officer and chief financial officer, Dresdner Robin Environmental Management Inc.
- John Inglesino, managing partner, Inglesino, Webster, Wyciskla & Taylor
- Christopher Johnson, CEO and founder, Hollister Construction Services
- Sonny Jumani, president, Tulfra Realty LLC
- Robert A. Klausner, partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Robert C., Kossar, executive managing director, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Jonathan Kushner, president, The KRE Group
- Steven Lang, CEO and president, DS&D
- Arthur A. Linfante III, principal, Value Research Group
- Timothy J. Lizura, president and chief operating officer, New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- Anthony Marchetta, executive director, New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
- Christopher Martin, chairman, CEO and president, Provident Bank
- Jeffrey J. Milanaik, principal, Bridge Development Partners
- Alexander Narcise, partner in charge of real estate and construction services, Wiss & Co.
- Stanley T. Omland, president, Omland Engineering Associates Inc.
- James Postell, partner/city leader, Transwestern Commercial Services
- Jeffrey R. Rich, partner, Genova Burns
- Kevin Riordan, commercial real estate investment
- Lloyd Rosenberg, CEO and president, DMR Architects
- Edward Russo, CEO, Russo Development
- Edward San George, president, Integra Management Corp.
- Mark Scott, founder and principal, Commercial Mortgage Capital
- Jeffrey Sica, founder, president and chief investment officer, Circle Squared Alternative Investments
- Walter Sierotko, executive vice president/commercial real estate director, Provident Bank
- Sefi Silverstein, shareholder, Wilkin & Guttenplan P.C.
- Jeffrey D. Spalt, director and principal, Dynamic Engineering Consultants PC
- Richard Spengler, chief lending officer and executive vice president, Investors Bank
- Richard J. Steele, regional manager, commercial real estate, M&T Bank
- Brian Stolar, founder, CEO and president, The Pinnacle Cos.
- Debra Tantleff, founding principal, Tantum Real Estate
- Brett Tanzman, senior vice president, Garden Homes
- Joseph S. Taylor, CEO and president, Matrix Development Group
- Edward Walsh, principal and managing director of project management services, Avison Young
- Finn Wentworth, founder and partner, Normandy Real Estate Partners
- Gretchen S. Wilcox, founder, CEO and president, G.S. Wilcox & Co.
- Ralph Zucker, president, Somerset Development
Advisory board members have the opportunity to participate in classroom instruction by teaching a class, acting as an adjunct professor or guest lecturer, according to a news release. They also have the option to participate in various center-run conferences and guest speaker series, while mentoring students and connecting with graduates on job opportunities.
Morris A. Davis, the Paul V. Profeta chair and academic director of the Center for Real Estate, said, “The industry response to what we are doing at the center has been exciting.” The Rutgers program was first seeded about three years ago and now offers an MBA concentration in real estate.
“So many of our members are dedicating their time and resources to help us achieve our goal of being the top real estate program in the nation, and our roster of the industry’s top minds continues to grow,” Davis said in a prepared statement. “We’re disrupting the status quo on how real estate is taught both in and out of the classroom, and our students have access to the top names in development, leasing, law, financing, design, government and more.”
He said the center is working to transform “how universities approach industry-relevant research” and produces events that discuss real estate and how it intersects with other key industries and government. The program recently hosted a conference on the growing ties between real estate and health care, in an event that drew hundreds from both industries.
“Our advisory board members are a cornerstone of our success,” Davis said. “I thank our returning members for their time and dedication to our mission of developing and inspiring the next generation of real estate leaders and welcome our new members. I’m excited to see what we do next.”