The MBA program is offered in a hybrid format (online and face-to-face), which will allow students to enroll in the MBA program without disrupting their personal and professional obligations.
Students meet in class for eight hours on Saturdays, six times in the fall and spring, plus four times in the summer. When not meeting face-to-face, students will complete their coursework online. Winter courses will be offered 100 percent online.
The Master of Business Administration degree requires 42 academic credits (approximately 14 courses). The curriculum is designed to be completed in two years. The T-Style curriculum delivers a focused specialization followed by the MBA Core. The three specializations include:
- Data Analytics – The data analytics specialization will provide contemporary analytic skils for complete business decision-making.
- Finance (Fall 2020 Launch) – Specializing in finance allows students to build in-depth understanding in financial theory and to acquire various quantitative/analytic tools.
- Strategy, Innovation and Leadership – The specialization in strategy, innovation and leadership is designed to create leaders of change. Organizations survive and prosper by challenging the status quo and by finding new ways to deliver value.
The MBA provides a business practitioner component that allows TCNJ alumni and business professional to provide ongoing input and support to enrolled students. Most courses offered will involve experienced practitioners, whether face-to-face or online.
Tuition, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
The College of New Jersey provides a high quality education at a lower than average cost than other schools of similar quality. The approximate total cost of the MBA program is $46,000.
Working professionals are encouraged to review their company benefits as many employers offer tuition reimbursement benefits. Additionally, students can apply for FAFSA or private loans.
The following are required in order to apply to the TCNJ MBA program:
- Essay – should be no more than 500 words, detailing your interest in the MBA program and how it fits into your career goals.
• An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Official transcripts
• Two years or more of professional full-time work experience; Current resume
• 1 letter of recommendation (current or former supervisor)
• GMAT or GRE exam (waivers available, dependent on academic and professional background)
• $75 application fee
GMAT/GRE Waiver Requirements
Students who graduated with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above and demonstrated quantitative competencies or have completed an advanced degree may be exempt from taking the required GMAT or GRE. Additionally, the GMAT or GRE exam may be waived for candidates with eight or more years of professional full-time work experience along with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Waivers will be considered case-by-case as the MBA Director grants or denies waivers based on their assessment of the applicant’s probability of success. Waiver requests should be sent to the MBA Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Priority application deadlines are December 1, February 1, and April 1.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis after April 1.
The MBA program admits students for fall semester start only.
Please contact the MBA Director, Chanelle Lester, JD with any additional questions related to the program at email@example.com.