A task force Gov. Phil Murphy appointed to investigate the state’s multi-billion-dollar corporate tax break program said it will will unveil its “factual findings and recommendations” on how to improve the state’s incentive schemes at a public hearing on June 11.
The panel also said in a statement it will suggest ways to beef up oversight of the existing programs.
At a hearing last month, the task force detailed how businesses with close ties to political powerbroker George Norcross wrote the incentive program to benefit themselves, their allies and clients, or provided allegedly false and misleading information to win incentives.
Those businesses have previously pressed the Murphy administration for the chance to publicly appear at the next hearing, but it is not clear whether they will end up providing public comment. A spokesperson for Norcross and several of the entities could not be reached for comment.
“Members of the public are invited to provide testimony with their comments and perspectives on New Jersey’s tax incentive programs and how these programs affect their communities,” the task force said in its June 3 statement.
Editor’s note: A previous version of this article stated the public hearing would be held on June 10, it will be held on June 11.