Valley Bank said recently it donated approximately $2,183,000 to organizations across their footprint to support COVID-19 relief efforts through their Community Pledge Certificate of Deposit (CD) Program. In New Jersey, approximately $953,000 was distributed to 97 organizations.
In 2020, Valley Bank offered a new, innovative Community Pledge CD designed to give back to organizations in the community that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The CD offered a market rate and Valley matched the interest with a direct donation to community organizations that were providing relief in support of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Jersey Community organizations include:
• Community Food Bank of New Jersey – serves 12 counties including Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset and Union.
• Bergen Volunteer Medical Initiative – provides free primary and preventive medical care to low-income working people in Bergen County without insurance or the means to pay for care.
• Rising Tide, Newark – provides business development services to help individuals start and grow successful businesses.
• Homeless Solutions, Morris County – provides the homeless and working poor with shelter and services and skills to rebuild their lives including.
• Easter Seals – delivers services and resources to people with disabilities.
• Table of Hope – helps meet the need of those who are food insecure by serving weekday meals at no cost to the Morris County area.
“The funds we’ve donated through our Community Pledge CD program will help ensure the organizations that serve our communities can continue to do so,” remarked, Valley Executive Vice President and Chief CSR-CRA Officer Bernadette Mueller. “Valley is honored to support these organizations that have worked tirelessly in the face of challenges to serve our communities.”