Clinical data analytics technology company SciMar ONE was selected as the newest member of Microsoft’s global start-ups program to help scale its proprietary artificial intelligence-powered drug development platform The Scientific Data Engine.
As a Microsoft for Startups participant, SciMar will have access to Microsoft’s technologies with a streamlined path to selling alongside Microsoft and its global partner ecosystem.
By growing SDE, SciMar plans to increase the global pharmaceutical industry’s access to automated clinical data analytics, as SDE expedites the delivery of safe and effective innovations using AI while de-risking corporate investments with a $34.4 M savings for each drug in development.
“We are honored to be selected to partner with Microsoft for Startups,” said
SciMar founder and CEO Donna Conroy said she’s honored to have been selected for Microsoft for Startups.
“Keeping pace with data is a challenge for pharma. Drug development teams spend up to 80% of time searching and organizing data, leaving only 20% of time utilizing data to strategically innovate,” Conroy said. “The SDE streamlines the vital but relentless task of collecting, sorting, and analyzing data, allowing drug development teams to focus on what they do best, develop innovative therapies.”
SDE technology combines a knowledgebase and advanced project management tools aligned to drug development workflow. According to Sally Frank, worldwide lead in health and life sciences for Microsoft for Startups, SciMar’s work will allow biopharma companies to bring therapies to market faster and safer.
“This is exactly the type of thinking we seek in companies participating in our startup program,” Frank said.