Key role: Responsible for the integrity of the financial information for the organization. Oversee all financial functional areas, including lease administration, finance, accounting, budgeting, credit and cash management.
Goals: To provide useful financial insights to the firm’s executive team in order to make better decisions about formulating and executing our strategy to create value for our stakeholders.
Previous jobs: I have worked in the real estate industry for more than 19 years, and have been in the role of CFO for 11 of those years. My experience extends over all aspects of commercial real estate, including office, retail, industrial and multifamily.
Key strengths: Developing long-lasting business relationships with a network of very talented people.
Career high: Being hired as a chief financial officer at the age of 33.
Next: Due to recently joining Levin Management, my goal is to become an expert on the assets that the firm owns and manages — currently, a portfolio of 90 retail real estate properties totaling 12.5 million square feet.
Challenges: Business growth in a very competitive market place.
After hours: Spending time with family, as well as playing golf and riding all-terrain vehicles.
Accounting firm Hunter Group CPA LLC has promoted Kenneth A. Hofsommer into firm ownership as a director. Formerly a senior manager in charge of the firm’s tax services department, Hofsommer is responsible for managing the work flow for all of the firm’s business and individual tax clients. Prior to joining, he was a senior manager with the regional CPA firm JH Cohn LLP. Hofsommer holds a master’s in taxation from Seton Hall University.
The Entrust Group, provider of account administration services for self-directed IRAs, announced the opening of its new office in Morristown. Erica James joins Entrust as its New Jersey business development manager. After earning a B.A. in international relations from San Francisco State University, James relocated to Chicago to pursue a master’s in urban planning and policy at the University of Illinois at Chicago. After leaving Chicago, James joined Regus Management as a general manager.
Rockwood Holdings Inc. has appointed Nahla A. Azmy as vice president of investor relations and communications. Azmy has 15 years’ experience as a financial analyst and investor relations professional, and holds a B.A. from Colgate University and MBA from New York University’s Stern School of Business. She previously has worked with the financial community at Lehman Brothers as an equity analyst and more recently as head of investor relations for NRG Energy.
Board-certified physiatrist Dr. James E. Engelman has joined the medical staff at CentraState Medical Center and is providing services at both the medical center and The Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center. Engelman received a medical degree from the College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pomona, Calif., and completed a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, in Philadelphia.
The NBN Group, a home care services company, has named Elissa Sherr to the position of manager of business development. She comes to NBN from Allegra Print and Marketing, in Lawrenceville.
Bressler, Amery & Ross P.C. announced that attorney Gerd W. Stabbert Jr. has been elected counsel. Stabbert practices in the firm’s franchise law and commercial litigation groups. He earned his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law–Camden and his B.A. from Rutgers University.
Gibbons P.C. announced that four attorneys have been named firm directors:
- Ivette P. Alvarado focuses her practice on commercial leasing, acquisitions, dispositions and real estate finance. Alvarado attended Rutgers University with a degree in journalism and communication and Rutgers University School of Law–Newark.
- Joshua R. Elias focuses his practice on complex business and commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Prior to joining Gibbons, Elias handled complex legal malpractice matters, commercial/warranty litigation and general litigation. Elias attended Union College and Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Paul J. St. Onge has broad-based public- and private-sector experience. He served as a senior adviser to Gov. James E. McGreevey’s transition team, and has held a number of other senior-level positions including serving as special assistant to the state treasurer. St. Onge also served as assistant director of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority. He attended Catholic University of America and Georgetown University Law Center.
- Lisa H. Wang centers her practice on patent prosecution and patent re-examinations, focusing on the areas of large and small molecule pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, and nutritional supplements. Wang received her B.A. at Rutgers University, her master’s in cell and molecular biology at New York University, and her J.D. at Rutgers University School of Law.
Flaster/Greenberg P.C., in Cherry Hill, announced that attorneys John W. Fried and Lee M. Epstein, formerly name partners of Fried & Epstein LLP, have joined the firm as shareholders:
- Fried is a member of the insurance coverage counseling and litigation for policyholders practice group, and serves as head of the white-collar criminal defense practice group. He is a graduate of Fordham University School of Law and received his B.A. from Rutgers University.
- Epstein is a member of the insurance coverage counseling and litigation for policyholders practice group and litigation practice groups. Epstein is a graduate of George Washington University Law School and received his B.A. from Penn State University.
Gerresheimer A.G. has appointed Roger Kurinsky as senior vice president of its global tubular glass converting business unit. Kurinsky was responsible for Gerresheimer Tubular Glass Americas before becoming the company’s senior vice president global with responsibility for its global business and operations. Prior to this, he held various general management positions at Alcoa/Ivex, where he was in charge of the technical packaging, specialty packaging and food packaging businesses. Kurinsky holds an MBA from Northern Illinois University and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois.