Three new tenants joined the roster at 26 Journal Square in Jersey City, The KABR Group and Kushner announced Sept. 8.
Alliance Community Healthcare (5,826 square feet), which is relocating from another Journal Square location; Hanger Prosthetics (1,713 square feet); and Inter-Con Security (1,826 square feet) will occupy space at the Class A office building, which takes its name from its address.
Built in 1926, the property is considered the first skyscraper in Jersey City. According to KABR Group Chief Operating Officer Michael Goldstein, recent improvements have tenants talking.
“Professional practices continue to rave about 26 Journal Square’s $5 million capital investment program, highlighted by the ‘The Vault,’ a converted bank vault into a conference room and coworking lounge open to all tenants free of charge,” he said in a statement. “26 Journal Square’s complete transformation, with its truly unique lounge and upgrades to all commons areas sets our building above its competition. 26 Journal Square’s tenants and their visitors continue to be impressed.”
Amenities and upgrades include:
- a redesigned lobby, highlighting the original Beaux Arts design;
- newly renovated elevator cabs with PurClean disinfecting technology;
- new bathrooms and fixtures on each floor;
- a new high-efficiency cooling tower;
- updated HVAC in tenant spaces and common areas with increased airflow;
- full-time, onsite property management and security;
- a shared tenant conference room and lounge;
- available exterior street level signage;
- fiber provided by Verizon FIOS and Comcast Business; and
- available onsite parking.
Spaces ranging from 864 square feet to 13,610 square feet are still available at the property, with CBRE leading the assignment.