Franklin Lakes-based Becton, Dickinson and Co., a global medical technology company, announced Tuesday it has acquired Israeli-based Caesarea Medical Electronics, a global infusion pump systems manufacturer.
“Our relationship with BD has been very successful over the past two years, and this is the next logical step to elevate our infusion technologies,”Swi Barak, founder of CME, said in a prepared statement. “This transaction will create new opportunities for our people and our technology that we wouldn’t have been able to achieve alone.”
The acquisition of CME expands BD’s portfolio to include ambulatory, home and specialty acute care infusion pumps.
CareFusion Corp., which was acquired by BD in 2015, had acquired a non-controlling, 40 percent minority stake in CME. This transaction completes the acquisition of the remaining 60 percent of CME. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.