The theme and venue is set for the African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey’s first ever Black Business Expo.
AACCNJ founder, President and CEO John Harmon announced the inaugural event and its A Legacy of Excellence theme Sept. 21. The collaboration of community, public and private sector components is set for June 15, 2023, at Montclair State University.
“We have come a long way since Booker T. Washington founded the Negro Business League, and since the formation and subsequent destruction of Black Wall Street; however, more must be done to create opportunities and partnerships for Black business owners,” Harmon said in a statement.
According to Harmon, the event will feature products and services from more than 80 major corporations and Black businesses.
“The Business Expo is a great way to network, promote your business and learn about new business opportunities for your company,” he added.
The educational and interactive event will feature:
- Personalized matchmaker sessions with experts designed to help you enhance your company;
- A “Business Corner” offering professional headshots, critiques on your capabilities presentation or elevator pitch, and more;
- Keynote remarks from a renowned business trailblazer;
- Breakout sessions covering topics ranging from talent acquisition to digital literacy;
- Interactive and historical exhibits on Black excellence past, present and future;
- Innovation and technological advancements;
- Food emporiums with tastings;
- Music and entertainment;
- Networking; and more.
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are available. According to AACCNJ, more information on how to get involved with the expo is forthcoming.